CAKE SMASH & BATH FUN
ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE
Babie’s change so fast and it’s so important to capture this very important milestone!
A Cake Smash Session is a great and exciting way to celebrate baby’s first year! We always have lots of fun during these birthday sessions.
I will provide the decorations and outfits based on the colours/theme of your choice. If you don’t have any idea of what you want, don’t worry, I can help you with some ideas.
What to Expect
Before the session, we will chat about your goals for the session as well as chat about colours that you like. We will find a day and time that works for both of us to schedule your baby cake smash photography session. I will send you a “Preparation Guide” with more information about the session, how to prepare, what to bring, what to wear, etc. Your booking is completed only after the online agreement is signed and a deposit is made.
During the session have fun!
Don’t assume they will dive right in. All parents hope that their little one will dive in and make a mess of the cake, that’s what you are paying for! But that doesn’t always happen and that’s okay. Not every child wants to dive right in and make a mess no matter what tricks we try. It’s important to know that even if they don’t turn their cake into a gooey pile of crumbs, I am still able to catch fun images of them poking at it or carefully picking bits of icing or decorations.
Come prepared for one heck of a mess.
Frequently Asked Questions
– What if my baby doesn’t like the cake?
Working with children you can always expect the unexpected. I cannot promise your baby will love the cake, and to be honest, some babies cry during the cake smash. However, I have many tricks that help your baby to enjoy the session and have fun, and I’m always able to capture cute and sweet moments of your little one. Remember the baby is just one year old and is often shy of exploring a new texture, shape or taste. So, take away the anxiety.
– Do you provide the cake for the cake smash session? You are welcome to bring your own cake but we do suggest letting us organise a professional cake that goes with the theme and colours we have selected. The results are much better.
– Do I have to bring an outfit? I have some outfits available at the studio and you are more than welcome to use them.
– I don’t want my baby to eat cake, can we do a cake smash session without a cake? Absolutely! If you don’t want your baby to eat cake, we can simply do a birthday setup without a cake. Another option is to include something more natural, like fruits, and do what I call “Fruit Smash”.
– I would like to use these photos for my baby’s birthday party next weekend, can you send me some photos earlier? Please keep in mind that the whole process, from shooting to the delivery of the images, takes 3-5 weeks and no image will be provided before that. So if you want to display these images at your little one’s birthday party, please book your cake smash session in advance.
– Can we include some bubble bath shots at the end of the session? Absolutely! I love to include some bubble bath shots at the end of the session. This a great way to clean your baby after the mess, and also a good opportunity to capture some smiles (especially when the baby didn’t like the cake). - When is the best time to schedule a Cake Smash session? I recommend booking your cake smash session 4-6 in advance so we have enough time to discuss the setup and I can order custom items if necessary. Although, if I have availability, cake smash session can be booked 7 days prior to the session and we use the setups that I already have available at the studio.
– My child has a small scratch/bruise or their face, is that ok? I know kids at this age are on the move! Lots of falling and tripping. If your child has a small mark on their face, do not worry as I am able to touch it up in Photoshop.
If you like to know more about prices and what is included in the Cake Smash Session, please visit the special offers page.
If you’d like to book a Cake Smash photo session, please don’t hesitate to message me using our contact page.