There are so many options when it comes to choosing the perfect nursery wall decor for your little one’s room. Decorating the nursery is such an exciting task for any new parent!
However, one important aspect of the room that often gets overlooked is the wall decor. Choosing the right nursery wall decor can make a big difference in the overall feel of the room and can help create a cohesive look that both you and your little one will love.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing the best nursery wall decor:
Before you start looking for nursery wall decor, think about the overall theme of the room. If you have a specific colour scheme or theme in mind, look for wall decor that complements it. For example, if you’re going for a safari theme, you might want to look for wall art featuring animals.
- Woodland theme
- Outer space theme
- Ocean theme
- Farm animals theme
- Floral theme
- Circus theme
- Fairy tale theme
- Sports theme
- Safari theme
- Music theme
Consider the size of the walls in the nursery when selecting your nursery wall decor. A large piece of art or a gallery wall may be too overwhelming in a small space, while a single small piece might not make enough of an impact in a large room.
Think about your child’s age and their interests when choosing your nursery wall decor. For a newborn, you may want to choose something simple and neutral that can grow with them, while for an older child, you might choose something more playful or specific to their interests.
Always keep in mind the safety of your child when hanging wall decor. Make sure that any frames or nursery wall decor you choose are securely hung and that there are no sharp edges or small parts that could pose a choking hazard.
Invest in high-quality nursery wall decor, as this will ensure that it lasts and looks great for many years to come. Avoid items that are cheaply made or that are likely to fade or become damaged easily.
Here are some ideas for types of nursery wall decor that you can choose from:
Newborn photography art for the Walls:
This is a great option for adding colour and visual interest to the room. You can choose from a wide variety of styles and themes, and it’s easy to photograph for pieces that complement the overall look and feel of the nursery.
This is a fun and easy way to add a little personality to the room. There are many different designs and themes to choose from, and they’re easy to apply and remove without damaging the walls.
A set of shelves can be a great way to add function as well as decor to the room. You can use them to display toys, books, or other items and it can also be used to hang frames or wall art.
These are great for adding a textural element to the room, and it can be anything from tapestries, woven hangings, or macrame hangings.
You can get a customised art piece done to suit the room, it can be anything from a name sign, to a family illustration, and they are very personal and special piece.
Add a pop of colour to your nursery with wallpapers in shades that match your design aesthetic.
Make a statement with lighting fixtures that will illuminate the room and give it life.
Choose bold colours for curtains, rugs, and other accent pieces to add drama and depth to your nursery wall decor.
Incorporate natural elements such as wood, plants, and textiles for an organic look.
Give your baby’s space a cozy touch with plush throws, cushions, and pillows in soft fabrics.
- Faux fur: Add a soft and cozy texture to the nursery with a faux fur rug, blanket, or pillow.
- Knit blankets: Use handmade or store-bought knit blankets to add warmth and comfort to the nursery.
- Flannel sheets: Choose flannel sheets for your baby’s crib or bassinet for a soft and warm sleeping surface.
- Woven baskets: Use woven baskets to store blankets, toys, and other essentials while adding a natural and cozy texture to the room.
- Plush toys: Choose plush toys made from soft materials like velvet, chenille, or fleece to provide a comforting and cuddly texture for your baby
- Velvet curtains: Use velvet curtains to add a touch of luxury and softness to the nursery while also blocking out light for naptime.
- Sheepskin rugs: Use a sheepskin rug to add a cozy and natural texture to the nursery while also providing a soft surface for playtime.
- Felted wool: Use felted wool accessories like mobiles, garlands, and wall art to add a tactile and cozy texture to the nursery.
- Pom-pom accents: Use pom-pom accents on blankets, pillows, or wall art to add a playful and cozy touch to the nursery.
- Woven wall hangings: Hang a woven wall hanging in the nursery to add a unique and cozy texture to the room while also providing a fun and decorative element.
Have fun with playful patterns on wall art, blankets, quilts, bedding sets and more that will brighten up the nursery wall decor in no time!
Practical Storage Solutions
Keep the nursery clutter-free by incorporating practical storage solutions such as baskets, shelves or drawers into the design scheme so everything has its place.
Perfect the look of the nursery wall decor by adding unique accessories like mirrors or chandeliers to make it stand out from the rest!
- Mobiles: Hang a handmade or unique mobile over the crib or changing table to provide visual stimulation and entertainment for your baby.
- Wall art: Choose unique pieces of wall art, such as canvas prints, wooden signs, or framed illustrations, to add personality to the nursery.
- Bookends: Use whimsical bookends to organize and display your baby’s growing book collection
- Rug: Add a soft and cozy touch to the nursery with a plush rug in a fun pattern or color.
- Pillows: Choose playful and colorful pillows to add comfort and style to your baby’s rocking chair or reading nook.
- Lamp: Choose a unique lamp with a fun or quirky design to add a touch of personality to the nursery.
- Storage baskets: Use woven baskets or fabric bins to organize toys, diapers, and other essentials while adding a decorative touch to the room.
- Wall decals: Use removable wall decals in fun shapes or designs to add a pop of color and playfulness to the nursery walls.
- Planters: Use planters to add greenery to the nursery, which can help purify the air and create a calming environment.
- Wall shelves: Install decorative wall shelves to display books, toys, and other accessories while adding a functional and stylish element to the nursery.
Remember that the most important thing is that the nursery wall decor you choose should make you and your child happy. Take the time to consider your options and select pieces that you love and that will make the nursery feel like a special and welcoming space for your little one.
Check out instagram for more info
If your interested in Family photography check out more info here